This is a small complement site to another site called "It Probably Wasn't Important Anyway". Here I'll expand upon my movie listings on the parent site and make some informal, stream of consciousness notes on my thoughts. Think of it as Gonzo movie reviewing.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)

Director: Danny Leiner
Starring: John Cho, Kal Penn, Malin Akerman, Paula Garcés

* * *


As many of you who've read my other blog know, I was pretty excited about seeing this movie. I'll say right now, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I laughed and laughed. What I wasn't expecting was the breakneck speed with which the events of the film occur. Here's an 88 minute film, and it certainly feels like it. I think that was my only problem with the film in general; it was too short. The two lead characters are each perfect as their unique characters. The situations? Absurd, hilarious. Normally I don't mind such a breakneck pace--especially with comedy--but I liked these two bastards so much I wanted to be around them so much more. I guess I'll have to wait for the "Unrated" version to come out on DVD with some deleted scenes. I'd say it's a pretty good sign that really the only negative aspect of the film that springs to mind is that there wasn't enough of it. Unfortunately, the film not only left me wanting more; it left me feeling that there wasn't enough.

August 2
late evening

* * *


D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home