This is a small complement site to another site called "It Probably Wasn't Important Anyway". Here I'll expand upon my movie listings on the parent site and make some informal, stream of consciousness notes on my thoughts. Think of it as Gonzo movie reviewing.

Friday, February 18, 2005

The Right Stuff (1983)

Director: Philip Kaufman
Starring: Sam Shepard, Scott Glenn, Ed Harris, Dennis Quaid, Fred Ward, Barbara Hershey, Kim Stanley, Veronica Cartwright & Pamela Reed

* * *


Here's a guy's movie. Machines. Drinking. Manly men slapping other manly men on the back as they secretly plan to one-up him the next day. Competition and dreams. From sound barrier to the barrier of the atmosphere, The Right Stuff follows the men who test the most advanced technology in the world from their puddle-jumping days to the days of becoming American heroes. A brilliantly-paced three-hour survey, The Right Stuff has dead-on acting, great effects and a story that's OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But seriously, it's really good. Check it out.

March 8
apartment TV, morning

* * *


D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Drew...Wow! While I was searching for info on professional photography hunting and outdoors I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for professional photography hunting and outdoors. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about #KEYWORD##.

6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home