This is a small complement site to another site called "It Probably Wasn't Important Anyway". Here I'll expand upon my movie listings on the parent site and make some informal, stream of consciousness notes on my thoughts. Think of it as Gonzo movie reviewing.

Monday, February 14, 2005

The Witches of Eastwick (1987)

Director: George Miller
Starring: Jack Nicholson, Cher, Susan Sarandon & Michelle Pfeiffer

* * *


Good lord. I'm not sure I've mentioned how much I like Jack Nicholson, but I do. Very much. Chinatown remains one of my favorite movies despite it being one of the first I watched when I took the plunge my freshmen year of college. His "Jack playing Jack" performance always entertains me. Large mansion, multiple partner sex (three women, one man), a town scandalized, and Nicholson spouting just the right vulgarities to get it all. I joked with the person I watched this witht that Nicholson probably thought they were just filming a documentary about his life. The Witches of Eastwick was entertaining as hell and had surprisingly deep messages about modern conservative religion, the Feminine and modern male mating ritual. Good stuff, as Nicholson being Nicholson always is.

February 13
friend's apartment TV, night

* * *


D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home