This is a small complement site to another site called "It Probably Wasn't Important Anyway". Here I'll expand upon my movie listings on the parent site and make some informal, stream of consciousness notes on my thoughts. Think of it as Gonzo movie reviewing.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Spiderman 2 (2004)

Director: Sam Raimi
Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina

* * *


Ah, what a delightful movie. A character-driven superhero picture. Once again, Marvel delivers with a great script and brilliantly realized translation of comic to screen. It's worked brilliantly before--specifically with X2:X-Men United and Daredevil. I can't say that it worked well in Hulk, but I just think that you need a dork, not an artist, to helm these movies. I don't know about Bryan Singer (X-Men), but Mark Steven Johnson and Raimi are definitely fans of the original comics. That love most certainly shows in their films. Although I went wanting of a little bit more action in the film, the action sequences themselves were fantastic. I wanted the end battle to be a little more epic, but what I got was fine. Once again, J. K. Simmons was fantastic as JJJ.

June 30
Arclight Theaters, afternoon

* * *


D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home